- 2018 Yearnotes
- Reflecting on the past year, both personally and professionally.
- Cross-Compiling Rust for a Raspberry Pi on Travis CI
- How to compile binaries from a Rust project that will run on a Raspberry Pi using Travis CI.
- What Is a “Successful” Software Development Team?
- Thoughts on the difficulty of gauging and improving the success of development teams following Scale Summit 2016.
- Data Structures as Functions (or, Implementing
- Experimenting with using hashes and sets as functions in Ruby.
- A Summit for Scaling
- A summary of my time at 2014’s Scale Summit: a performance and scalability unconference.
- Implementing if in Ruby
- Using multiple blocks in Ruby to implement Smalltalk-style control flow.
- Testing Vim Plugins on Travis CI with RSpec and Vimrunner
- How to continuously integrate and test-drive Vim plugin development with the Vimrunner gem.
- Naming Dynamically Created iframes
- Working around issues with setting iframe names in Internet Explorer.
- Managing Web Application Servers with Puppet
- A transcript of my August 2011 LRUG presentation regarding configuration management and Puppet.
- Passing Blocks in Ruby Without
- Using yield and Proc.new to avoid unnecessary Proc object creation in Ruby.